Dr. Hector Perez has been practicing bariatric surgery in Mexico for fifteen years. His strong reputation attracts patients from all over the United States and throughout the world. Dr. Hector Perez is our senior bariatric surgeon with the most experience.
Languages Spoken: Spanish 100%, English 100%
Professional License Number: 4768231
Board-Certified: Bariatric Surgery, General Surgery
Dr. Héctor Pérez has trained at the following world- renowned universities:
Dr. Perez is certified by the Mexican College of Obesity Surgery and Metabolic Diseases and has been certified by the by the Mexican Council of General Surgery since 2006 – being recertified in 2012.
Currently, Dr. Perez performs the following procedures:
Dr. Héctor Joaquín Pérez provides the highest level of care to his patients in safe, comforting, facilities as well as pioneering innovations in the field of bariatric surgery. He prides himself on helping patients fight obesity with a long-standing reputation of successful no complication surgical weight loss in safe and comfortable settings.
Board certification by the CMCOEM is strenuous. Certification requires applicants to have a minimum of 2 years of bariatric surgical training and experience with 25 procedures performed per year.
CMCOEM requires members to restrict their surgeries to accredited facilities that have passed rigorous scrutiny by independent authorities. Continuing education requirements are strict to ensure surgeons are fully current on issues relating to patient safety as well as the latest surgical innovations.
Those surgeons passing the requirements are uniquely qualified to skillfully perform all aspects of bariatric surgery. Dr. Perez has been certified by CMCOEM since 2004 and attends specialty conferences throughout the year.
Dr. Hector Perez has been at the forefront of bariatric surgery since the early 2000s, working as the chief surgeon with Hospital Victoria in Cancun. Dr. Hector Perez has studied a the University of Miami School of Medicine taking courses in Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Advanced Trauma Life Support and more. Dr. Perez is a frequent lecturer on the topic of Bariatrics and an attendee of the International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders (IFSO).
1. Board certified by Mexican Council of General Surgery, July 15th, 2006, Recertified. 2012
2. Board certified by Mexican College of Obesity Surgery and Metabolic Diseases. 2015
3. Member of the International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders. 2008
4. Member of the Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery, A.C. 2006
5. Member of the Mexican Association of General Surgery. 2009
6. Member of the Mexican College of Obesity Surgery and Metabolic Diseases. 2013
1. Chief Surgeon “Bariatric Medical Center Cancun”. Hospital Victoria. May 2008 – 20172.
2. General Surgeon Attending at HGZ no. 18 Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, IMSS. Nov 2010 – 2017
3. Regional delegate of Quintana Roo. Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery, A.C. May 2009 – May 2010
4. Chief of Surgery “Specialty Clinic Churubusco” ISSSTE, June 2008 – Jan 2009.
5. General Surgeon Attending “National Medical Center 20 de Noviembre”, ISSSTE, June 2007 – May 2008.
6. General Surgeon Attending “Regional Hospital Licenciado Adolfo López Mateos” ISSSTE, March 2006 – Sep 2007.