What should you order at Wendy’s after undergoing gastric sleeve surgery? Which foods are approved to post gastric sleeve and gastric bypass surgery patients?
Fast food establishments, such as Wendy’s, do not have to be completely avoided. Our hope for this article is that post-op patients can walk into a Wendy’s restaurant and confidently order healthy, bariatric-friendly food items1https://fastfoodnutrition.org/wendys.
Bariatric Friendly Items:
|Nutrition Facts||Spicy Roasted Cashews||4 Piece Chicken Nugget||4 Piece Spicy Chicken Nugget||Small Chili||Jr.Hamburger||Grilled Chicken Go Wrap||Sausage Egg Burrito|
- 4 Piece Chicken Nugget– 100% white meat chicken breaded to crisp.
- 4 Piece Spicy Chicken Nugget– 100% white meat chicken breaded and marinated in Wendy’s blend of peppers and spices.
- Small Chili– Seasoned chili with a blend of kidney beans, pink beans, beef, onions and bell peppers.
- Jr. Hamburger– Fresh beef, topped with pickles, onion, ketchup and mustard on a toasted bun.
- Grilled Chicken Go Wrap– Marinated grilled chicken breast wrapped in a flour tortilla and spring mix, cheddar cheese and honey mustard.
- Sausage Egg Burrito– Ground beef with egg wrapped in a flour tortilla.
|Nutrition Facts||Side Salad||Side Cesar Salad||Half Apple Pecan Salad||Full Asian Cashew Chicken Salad||Half Power Med. Chicken Salad||Half Spicy Chicken Caesar Salad||Half Southwest Avocado Chicken Salad|
- Side Salad– Mixed greens, cheddar cheese and tomato.
- Side Caesar Salad – Romaine lettuce with asiago cheese.
- Half Apple Pecan Salad- Lettuce blend, red and green apples, dried cranberries, roasted pecans, crumbled blue cheese and grilled chicken breast.
- Full Asian Cashew Chicken Salad- Lettuce blend, with cashews, edamame, cucumber and diced red bell peppers. Topped with grilled chicken breast.
- Half Power Med. Chicken Salad– Lettuce topped with red onion, grape tomatoes, quinoa, white beans, sun dried tomatoes with grilled chicken and crumbled feta cheese.
- Half Spicy Chicken Caesar Salad- Romaine Lettuce with asiago cheese garnished with marinated grilled chicken in a spicy seasoning.
- Half Southwest Avocado Chicken Salad- Lettuce blend, pepper jack cheese, diced tomatoes, avocado, bacon and grilled chicken breast.
Sample Bariatric Friendly Orders at Wendy’s:
- Sausage Egg Burrito OR Small Chili
- 4 Piece Chicken Nugget and Side Salad
- Full Asian Cashew Chicken Salad
- Small Chili and Side Caesar Salad
- 4 Piece Spicy Chicken Nugget and Half Apple Pecan Salad.
- 4 Piece Chicken Nugget and Half Power Mediterranean Chicken Salad
Sausage Egg Burrito
4 Piece Chicken Nugget and Side Salad
Full Asian Cashew Chicken Salad
Small Chili and Side Caesar Salad
4 Piece Spicy Chicken Nugget and Half Pecan Salad
4 Piece Chicken Nugget and Half Power Med. Chicken Salad
About Wendy’s Old Fashioned Hamburgers
Wendy’s has become famous for their square beef patties, always fresh and never frozen. Dave Thomas opened his first Wendy’s restaurant in 1969 in Columbus Ohio. The fast food restaurant was a huge success. Wendy’s went international, sold public shares and opened their 1,000 location, all within the first nine years of opening.
Dave Thomas, being adopted himself, embraced adoption as Wendy’s national charitable cause. Over the past decades, they have committed millions of dollars to raise awareness for children in foster care and foster care adoption.
Founder Dave Thomas went on to create the foundation for adoption, DTFA. Which is the only public, nonprofit charity in the U.S that focuses on foster care adoption.