Carl’s Jr and Hardee’s Bariatric Friendly Menu: After Gastric Sleeve, Gastric Bypass
Carl’s Jr is known for their comical commercials and the best charbroiled burgers, around. Their menu is full of classic hamburger choices and hearty American sides. Carl’s Jr, opened in California and has locations all over the west.
Hardee’s is also known for their memorable ads and their thick-burgers. Hardee’s has dominated the southeastern states for being a “go-to ” fast food restaurant for their famous biscuits and burgers alike.
Anyone who has visited both restaurants, has noticed the similarities within their menus. Since the 90’s they have been owned by the same company, and strive to create an excellent fast food experience.
Who’s Hungry? What should you order at Carl’s Jr and Hardee’s after undergoing gastric sleeve surgery 1https://www.carlsjr.com/menu? Which foods are friendly to post gastric and post bypass surgery patients?
Carl’s Jr Bariatric Friendly Main Menu
|Nutrition Facts||Single Charbroiled Slider||Kids Hamburger||Charbroiled BBQ Chicken Sandwich||Bacon, Egg and Cheese Biscuit||Turkey Burger|
- Kid’s Hamburger- Charbroiled all beef patty, dill pickles, mustard and ketchup on a plain bun.
- Single Charbroiled Slider- One charbroiled slider beef patty, American cheese, mustard, ketchup, pickle, and diced onion on a slider bun.
- Charbroiled BBQ Chicken Sandwich- Charbroiled chicken breast, lettuce, tomato and tangy BBQ sauce on a honey wheat bun.
- Bacon, Egg and Cheese Biscuit- Egg, slices of bacon, American cheese on a fresh biscuit.
- Turkey Burger- Turkey patty with special sauce, mayonnaise, lettuce, red onion, tomato and dill pickle chips.
Carl’s Jr Bariatric Friendly Sides and Chicken Items
|Nutrition Facts||Side Salad||Chicken Stars (4)||Kid’s Hand-Breaded Chicken Tenders (2) Pieces||Chicken Stars (6)||Hand-Breaded Chicken Tenders (3) Pieces||Charbroiled Chicken Salad|
- Side Salad- Red onion, tomato, four cheese blend and croutons on iceberg lettuce.
- Chicken Stars (4)- Crispy star shaped chicken.
- Kid’s Hand-Breaded Chicken Tenders (2) Pieces- Premium all white meat chicken hand dipped in buttermilk, lightly breaded and fried to a golden brown.
- Chicken Stars (6)- Crispy star shaped chicken.
- Hand-Breaded Chicken Tenders (3) Pieces- Premium all white meat chicken hand dipped in buttermilk, lightly breaded and fried to a golden brown.
- Charbroiled Chicken Salad- All-natural charbroiled chicken breast, red onion, tomato, four cheese blend and croutons on iceberg lettuce.
Hardee’s Bariatric Friendly Main Menu
|Nutrition Facts||Charbroiled Slider (1)||Hand-Breaded Chicken Tenders (3) Pieces||Hot Ham and Cheese||Regular Roast Beef||Small Hamburger||Kids Chicken Tenders|
- Charbroiled Slider- One charbroiled slider sized beef patty, American cheese, mustard, ketchup, pickle and diced onion on a slider bun.
- Hand-Breaded Chicken Tenders (3) Pieces- Premium, fresh, all-whte meat chicken tenders hand dipped in eggs and buttermilk and lightly breaded.
- Hot Ham and Cheese- Smoked ham with a slice of swiss cheese on a sesame bun.
- Regular Roast Beef- Premium, slow-cooked, thinly sliced beef hand-dipped in au jus served on a toasted bun.
- Small Hamburger- Charbroiled all beef patty topped with dill pickles, diced white onions, ketchup and mustard on a plain bun.
- Kids Chicken Tenders- Two hand-breaded chicken tenders.
Hardee’s Bariatric Friendly Sides and Breakfast
|Nutrition Facts||Green Beans||Mashed Potatoes||Grits||Side Salad (No Dressing)||Country Ham Biscuit|
- Green Beans- Cooked plain green beans.
- Mashed Potatoes- Cooked plain mashed potatoes.
- Grits- Southern-style grits.
- Side Salad- Iceberg lettuce topped with tomato, red onion and shredded cheese.
- Country Ham Biscuit- Thick slice of country ham on a fresh baked biscuit.
Meal Selection, Still Not Sure What To Order?
Carl’s Jr Sample Menu
- Bacon, Egg and Cheese Biscuit
- Kids (2) Piece Hand-breaded Chicken Tenders and Side Salad
- Charbroiled Chicken Salad
- Chicken Stars (4) and Kids Hamburger OR Turkey Burger
Bacon, Egg and Cheese Biscuit
Kids (2) Piece Hand-Breaded Chicken Tenders and Side Salad
Charbroiled Chicken Salad
Chicken Stars (4)
And Kids Hamburger
- Country Ham Biscuit
- Charbroiled Slider and Green Beans
- Regular Roast Beef
- 3 Piece Hand-breaded Chicken tenders and Grits
Country Ham Biscuit
Charbroiled Slider and Green Beans
Regular Roast Beef
(3) Piece Hand-Breaded Chicken Tenders and Grits
About Carl’s Jr, Hardee’s
Carl’s Jr started in 1941, by Carl N. Karcher and his wife, borrowing money to purchase a hot dog cart. After doing well, one cart becomes many and in less than five years Carl’s Jr becomes a Drive-In and opens with hamburgers on the menu. Today, with 1200 locations, Carl’s Jr is known for having the best Charbroiled burgers in the west.
Two decades later in 1960, on the east coast, Wilber Hardee opened his first restaurant in North Carolina. Within the first five months of business he had his first franchise. Hardee’s has become a well loved favorite across the Midwestern and Southeastern United States.
The restaurant is known for their biscuits, although that changed in 2003, when they decided to launch their ⅓, ½ and ⅔ pound Thickburgers.
In the 1990’s CKE Restaurants Incorporated acquired the Hardee’s Chain, making it home to both Carl’s Jr and Hardee’s.