Panera Bread Bariatric Friendly Foods: After Gastric Sleeve, Gastric Bypass
Panera Bread restaurants serve traditional bakery and cafe food items that are delicious year around. Their menu is so varied, that even the pickiest of eaters can find a delectable treat or savory cafe item.
Due to their menu being diverse there are many healthy choice items available. Not only is their food made to order, they honor their vision of serving their guests with quality and fresh ingredients. So who’s hungry?
For many of our readers, these questions are now top of mind. What should I order at Panera Bread after undergoing gastric sleeve surgery? Which foods are Friendly to post gastric and post bypass surgery patients?
Tip for ordering off the kids menu: Provide the cashier with a notification that you recently had bariatric surgery. That way there is no penalty for ordering items off the kids menu.
Panera Bread Bariatric Friendly Food Items
- Fruit Cup: Fresh, pineapple, cantaloupe, strawberries and blueberries.
- Kids Yogurt: Squeezable yogurt, either strawberry or mixed berry.
- Kids Ten Veggie Soup: Tomatoes, red and yellow peppers, onions, corn, carrots, celery, spinach, poblano peppers, and garlic in seasoned vegetable stock with chickpeas, sprouted brown rice and red fife and dried Aleppo chili.
- Kids Chicken Noodle Soup: Delicious vegetables and tender all-white meat chicken breast simmered in a delicately seasoned chicken broth with traditional egg noodles.
- Power Breakfast Bowl with Roasted Turkey: Roasted all-natural, antibiotic-free turkey, healthy egg whites, fresh baby-spinach, roasted peppers, and savory basil pesto.
- Half Roasted Turkey Avocado BLT: Roasted turkey raised without antibiotics, applewood-smoked bacon, emerald greens, vine-ripened tomatoes and avocado with pure mayo on Country Rustic.
- Mediterranean Half Veggie Sandwich: Zesty sweet Peppadew™ piquant peppers, feta, cucumbers, emerald greens, vine-ripened tomatoes, red onions, hummus, salt, and pepper on Tomato Basil. Available in whole and half.
- Mediterranean Egg White Wrap: White bean pesto puree, crumbled feta, tomato confit, and spinach.
Panera Bread Salads
- Kids Seasonal Greens Salad: Arugula, romaine, kale and radicchio blend, vine-ripened tomatoes, red onions and diced cucumbers tossed with reduced-fat balsamic vinaigrette.
- Sesame Asian Chicken Half Salad: Chicken raised without antibiotics, romaine, cilantro, toasted almonds, sesame seeds and wonton strips tossed in Asian sesame vinaigrette.
- Chicken Caesar Half Salad: Chicken raised without antibiotics, romaine, parmesan and homemade black pepper focaccia croutons tossed with Caesar dressing.
- Thai Chopped Chicken Half Salad: Chicken raised without antibiotics, romaine, almonds, fire-roasted edamame, red pepper and carrot blend, cilantro, and wonton strips tossed with Thai chili vinaigrette and drizzled with peanut sauce.
- Greek Half Salad with Chicken: Romaine, vine-ripened tomatoes, feta, red onions and kalamata olives with salt and pepper tossed with Greek dressing.
- Fuji Apple Half Salad with Chicken: Chicken raised without antibiotics, arugula, romaine, kale and radicchio blend, vine-ripened tomatoes, red onions, toasted pecan pieces, Gorgonzola and apple chips tossed with sweet white balsamic vinaigrette.
Bariatric Friendly Meal Selection: Still not sure what to order?
- Power Breakfast Bowl with Roasted Turkey
- Mediterranean Egg White Wrap
- Mediterranean Half Veggie Sandwich and Kids Ten Veggie Soup
- Half Greek Salad with Chicken and Kids Chicken Noodle
- Half Roasted Turkey Avocado BLT and Kids Seasonal Greens Salad.
- Chicken Caesar Salad and Kids Chicken Noodle Soup
- Fuji Apple Half Salad with Chicken and Kids Ten Veggie Soup.
- Thai Chopped Chicken Half Salad Half Roasted Turkey Avocado BLT
Power Breakfast Bowl with Roasted Turkey
Med. Egg White Wrap
Med. Half Veggie Sandwich and Kids Ten Veggie Soup
Half Roasted Turkey Avocado BLT and Kids Seasonal Greens Salad
Half Greek Salad with Chicken and Kids Chicken Noodle Soup
Chicken Caesar Salad with Kids Chicken Noodle Soup
Fuji Apple Half Salad with Chicken and Kids Ten Veggie Soup
Thai Chopped Chicken Half Salad and Half Roasted Turkey Avocado BLT
History of Panera Bread
Panera was founded by Ron Shaich, who began his start, by opening up as a single cookie store in Boston Massachusetts. Over the past three decades Panera has been so successful, that they currently have over 2,300 bakery-cafes in the United States and Canada. Within those three decades the founder partnered with Au Bon Pain, a french bakery then later acquired the St. Louis Bread Company.
By reimagining the concept, they also renamed the bakery to Panera. Joining the Italian words for Bread (Pane) and Time (Era). Panera Bread is known for focusing on guest experience by offering free WiFi and a relaxed ambiance with fireplaces to encourage guests to stay longer.
Their menu is a balance of fresh, made to order foods to include baked goods and typical cafe style foods. They also pride themselves on serving chicken raised without antibiotics, eliminating trans fats and disclosing nutrition information on each menu.