Starbucks is known all around the world for their iconic coffee and teas. They have dominated the coffee and fast food restaurant scene for decades. Their coffee is admired and enjoyed by the masses and has become worldwide institution that it is hard to contemplate a world without Starbucks. Their menu has continued to increase over the many years and items are so popular, oftentimes we find ourselves craving our favorite drink, or favorite food item at night.
What should you order at Starbucks after undergoing gastric sleeve surgery? Which foods are bariatric friendly to post gastric and post bypass surgery patients? In this post, you’ll find sample menu items that you can order with confidence1https://www.starbucks.com/menu/food/.
Starbucks Bariatric-Friendly Coffee
- Any Flavored Sugar Free Syrup = 0 Calories
- Pre-op through Post-op until 1 year = Order Decaf
|Nutrition Facts||Any Brewed Coffee Hot or Iced||Cafe Americano Hot or Iced||Solo- Quad Espresso Hot or Iced (up to)||Tall Capp. with Nonfat Milk||Tall Iced Skinny Cinnamon Dolce Latte||Tall Iced Skinny Mocha||Tall Flat White with A. Milk||Capp. with Almond Milk||Cafe Latte with Almond Milk Hot or Iced|
- Brewed coffee- Blonde roast, dark roast and pike place roast.
- Cafe americano- Espresso shots topped with hot water create a light layer of crema culminating in this wonderfully rich cup with depth and nuance.
- Espresso- Smooth signature espresso roast with rich flavor.
- Tall cappuccino with nonfat milk- Dark, rich espresso lies in wait under a smoothed and stretched layer of thick nonfat milk foam.
- Tall iced skinny cinnamon dolce latte- Steamed nonfat milk and sugar-free cinnamon dolce-flavored syrup to our classic espresso.
- Tall iced skinny mocha- Rich, full-bodied espresso combined with bittersweet mocha sauce and nonfat steamed milk.
- Tall flat white with almond milk- Smooth ristretto shots of espresso paired with steamed almond milk.
- Cappuccino with almond milk- Dark, rich espresso lies in wait under a smoothed and stretched layer of thick almond milk foam.
- Cafe latte with almond milk hot or iced- Dark, rich espresso balanced with steamed almond milk and a light layer of foam.
Starbucks Bariatric-Friendly Teas
- All Teas are Caffeinated, order after one year post-operative.
|Nutrition Facts||Any Tazo Brewed Tea Hot or Iced||Tall Iced Shaken Green Tea||Tall Iced Shaken Passion Tango Tea||Tall Iced Strawberry Green Tea Infusion||Tall Iced Shaken Peach Green Tea|
Starbucks Bariatric-Friendly Food
|Nutrition Facts||Banana||Seasonal Fruit Cup||Siggi’s 0% Vanilla Yogurt||Whole Grain Oatmeal||Blueberry Oatmeal||Egg White and Red Pepper Sous Vide Egg Bites||Reduced Fat Turkey Bacon and Egg White Breakfast Sandwich||Spinach Feta Egg White Wrap||Tomato Mozz. Panini|
- Banana- Sweet, ripe banana.
- Seasonal fruit cup- A delicious medley of seasonal fruit. Full of color, nutrients, and ripeness.
- Siggi’s 0% vanilla yogurt- Traditional Scandinavian recipe of pasteurized skim milk and Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla, and sweet agave nectar.
- Whole grain oatmeal- A blend of rolled and steel-cut oats with dried fruit, a nut medley and brown sugar as optional toppings, traditional and classic.
- Blueberry oatmeal- Whole-grain steel-cut oats, topped with blueberries and a yummy medley of fruit, seeds and nuts.
- Egg white and red pepper sous vide egg bites- Cooked cage-free egg whites and added creamy Monterey Jack cheese, plus spinach and fire-roasted red peppers for a high-protein breakfast.
- Reduced fat turkey bacon and egg white breakfast sandwich- Reduced-fat turkey bacon and wholesome cage-free egg whites are paired with reduced-fat white Cheddar cheese on a wheat English muffin.
- Spinach feta egg white breakfast wrap- Cage-free egg whites, spinach, feta cheese and tomatoes inside a whole-wheat wrap, then toast it to perfection. Vegetarian and protein-rich.
- Tomato mozzarella panini- Roasted tomatoes, mozzarella, spinach and basil pesto layered on a toasted focaccia.
Starbucks Bariatric-Friendly Snacks
- Snacks should only be ordered if you are experiencing hunger pains, and cannot wait until your next meal.
|Nutrition Facts||Mini Babybel||Moon Cheese||Beef or Turkey Jerky||String Cheese||Prosnax Gala Apples, Cheddar Cheese, and Pretzels Snack Tray||Good Squared Urban Trail Mix||Prosnax Carrots White Cheddar Cheese and Almonds Snack Tray||Fruit and Nut Blend||Classic Almonds|
- Mini babybel- Cheese snack ready to eat, anytime, anywhere.
- Moon cheese- American cheddar cheese, full of flavor and crunchy. A great snack anytime, anywhere.
- Beef or turkey jerky- Handcrafted turkey jerky: hickory-smoked slices of real turkey breast, or beef. Flavors including soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic and pineapple juice.
- String cheese- Portable snack, ready to eat and made with low-moisture part-skim mozzarella cheese.
- Prosnax gala apples, cheddar cheese, and pretzels snack tray- Sweet Gala apples, mild cheddar cheese and pretzels.
- Good squared urban trail mix- Roasted almonds, pecans, pumpkin seeds, dried cinnamon apples and puffed quinoa.
- Prosnax carrots white cheddar cheese and almonds snack tray- Baby carrots with white cheddar cheese and almonds.
- Fruit and nut blend- Cashews and almonds loaded with juicy cranberries and mouth watering
- Classic almonds- California almonds are kettle-cooked, then finished with a hint of salt.
Starbucks Meal Selection: Bariatric Friendly Sample Meals
- Egg White and Red Pepper Sous Vide Egg Bites
- Reduced Fat Turkey Bacon and Egg White Breakfast Sandwich
- Siggi’s 0% Vanilla Yogurt and Almonds
- Beef/Turkey Jerky and Prosnax Carrots White Cheddar Cheese and Almonds Snack Tray
- String Cheese and Fruit and Nut Blend
- Spinach Feta Egg White Breakfast Wrap
- Blueberry Oatmeal and Mini Babybel
- Tomato Mozzarella Panini and Prosnax Gala Apples, Cheddar Cheese, and Pretzels Snack Tray.
|Nutrition Facts||Breakfast: Egg White and Red Pepper Sous Vide Egg Bites||Breakfast: Reduced Fat Turkey Bacon Sandwich||Breakfast: Siggis yogurt and Almonds||Snack: Beef/Turkey Jerky and Prosnax Carrots White Cheddar Cheese and Almonds Snack Tray||Snack: String Cheese and Fruit and Nut Blend||Lunch: Spinach Feta Egg White Wrap||Lunch: Blueberry Oatmeal and Mini Babybel||Super Hungry: Tomato and Mozz. Panini And Prosnax Gala Apples, Cheese, and Pretzels Snack Tray|
The Starbucks story began in 1971, in Seattle’s Pike Place Market. Being a roaster and retailer of whole beans, ground coffee and tea. Currently Starbucks serves millions of customers on a daily basis with more than 30,000 retail stores.
Through their many decades of success they have won a number of awards for their business model, ethical practices and treatment of employee’s from sources like Forbes, Fortune and Ethisphere. Awards like; world’s most admired companies, world’s most ethical companies, world’s most valuable brands and top 10 military spouse-friendly employers, to name a few.