Subway Bariatric Friendly Menu: After Gastric Sleeve, Gastric Bypass
Subway is a made to order sandwich shop that has dominated the fast food industry since the 1960’s. It has always been the go to restaurant for fresh submarine sandwiches.
They pride themselves on serving crisp, flavorful ingredients. Part of their business model has always been to build and prepare the sandwiches right in front of you. Keeping up with the times, Subway has expanded their menu to include breakfast options, salads and soups. But which foods are acceptable for post bariatric patients?
There is something for everyone at Subway, including bariatric patients. So, what should I order at Subway after undergoing gastric sleeve surgery or gastric bypass surgery? Which foods are bariatric friendly to post gastric and post bypass surgery patients1https://www.subway.com/en-US/MenuNutrition/Menu? Continue to read and you will find out.
Subway Bariatric Friendly 6 Inch Sandwiches
|Nutrition Facts||Veggie Delite||Turkey Breast||Turkey Breast and Ham||Black Forest Ham||Subway Club||BLT||Oven Roasted Chicken||Roast Beef||Rotisserie Style Chicken|
- Veggie Delite – Crispy, crunchy, vegetarian sandwich, your choice of veggies.
- Turkey Breast – Turkey breast on 9-grain wheat bread with lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, onions, green peppers and cucumbers.
- Turkey Breast and Ham – Turkey breast and tasty black forest ham on 9 grain wheat bread with lettuce, onion, tomato, and green peppers.
- Black Forest Ham – Black forest ham on a 9- grain whole wheat bread, lettuce, onions, tomato, green peppers, and cucumber,
- Subway Club – Turkey breast, roast beef and black forest ham as a base with your choice of vegetables.
- BLT – Crispy bacon, lettuce and tomato on fresh bread of your choice.
- Oven Roasted Chicken – Roast chicken on 9-grain whole wheat bread, lettuce, tomatoes, green peppers, onion and cucumbers.
- Roast Beef – Roast beef on 9-grain whole wheat bread, lettuce, tomatoes, green peppers, onion and cucumbers.
- Rotisserie Style Chicken – Rotisserie chicken on 9-grain wheat bun, provolone cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, green peppers and honey mustard.
Subway Bariatric Friendly: Sliders and 6 Inch Breakfast Sandwiches
|Nutrition Facts||Ham and Jack Slider||Little Cheesesteak Slider||Little Turkey Slider||Egg White and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich||Turkey Egg White and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich||Egg and Cheese Omelet Sandwich|
- Ham and Jack Slider – Black forest ham and pepper jack cheese on a roll.
Little Cheesesteak Slider – Steak, american cheese, peppers, onions and chipotle southwestern sauce.
- Little Turkey Slider – Turkey breast, pepper jack cheese, spinach and mayo.
- Egg White and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich – Egg whites and american cheese on an english muffin.
- Turkey Egg White and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich – Turkey, egg white and american cheese on an english muffin.
- Egg and Cheese Omelet – Egg and American cheese filled into a rolled flatbread.
Subway Bariatric Friendly Salads
|Nutrition Facts||Veg. Delite||Turkey Breast||Turkey Breast and Ham||Black Forest Ham||Oven Roast Chicken||Club||Roast Beef||Carved Turkey||BLT||Steak and Cheese||Double Chick.|
- Veggie Delite Salad – Lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, onions, green peppers, cucumbers and olives.
- Turkey Breast Salad – Turkey breast on lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, onions, green peppers, cucumbers and olives.
- Turkey Breast and Ham Salad – Turkey Breast and ham on lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, onions, green peppers, cucumbers and olives.
- Black Forest Ham Salad – Black forest ham on lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, onions, green peppers, cucumbers and olives.
- Oven Roasted Chicken Salad – Oven roasted chicken on lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, onions, green peppers, cucumbers and olives.
- Subway Club Salad – Turkey breast, roast beef and ham on lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, onions, green peppers, cucumbers and olives.
- Roast Beef Salad – Roast beef on lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, onions, green peppers, cucumbers and olives.
- Carved Turkey Salad – Carved turkey on lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, onions, green peppers, cucumbers and olives.
- BLT Salad – Bacon on lettuce, tomatoes, onions, green peppers, cucumbers and olives.
- Steak and Cheese Salad – Steak and pepper jack cheese on lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, onions, green peppers, cucumbers and olives.
- Double Chicken Salad – Extra chicken on a bed of lettuce spinach, tomatoes, onions, green peppers, cucumbers and olives.
Subway Soups: Bariatric Friendly
- Phase 2 = Strain all soups. Broth only.
- Phase 3 = Puree all soup in a blender.
- Phase 4 = Puree all soup in a blender.
- Phase 5 = Enjoy
|Nutrition Facts||Minestrone||Green Chili and Tomato||Rosemary Chicken and Dumpling||Veggie Beef||Roasted Chicken Noodle||Chicken Tortilla||Poblano Corn Chowder||Black Bean|
Subway Bariatric Approved: Menu Order
- 6 inch Egg White Sandwich
- 6 inch Turkey Egg White Sandwich
- Double Chicken Salad
- 6 inch Oven Roasted Chicken Sandwich
- Ham and Jack Slider and BLT salad
- 6 inch Carved Turkey Sandwich
- Turkey Breast Salad and Black Bean Soup
- Rotisserie Style Chicken Sandwich and Veggie Delite Salad.
6 inch Egg White Sandwich
6 inch Turkey Egg White Sandwich
Double Chicken Salad
6 inch Oven Roasted Chicken Sandwich
Ham and Jack Slider and BLT Salad
6 inch Carved Turkey Sandwich
Turkey Breast Salad and Black Bean Soup
Rotisserie Style Chicken Sandwich and Veggie Delite Salad
Subway is the largest submarine sandwich shop with 40,000 locations around the world. Due to their success, they strive to operate a family-friendly, made to order sandwiches.
The first Subway was started in Bridgeport Connecticut in 1965, known as “Pete’s Subway.” Dr. Peter Buck, a nuclear physicist, gave an idea to one of his students, Fred Deluca, to open a submarine sandwich shop to help pay off his tuition.
The popularity of their sandwiches grew so fast that by 1974 the duo opened and managed 16 sandwich shops throughout Connecticut. Looking to double in locations, they began franchising.
Over the many decades Subway has built its reputation on serving fresh, health-oriented foods that promote nutrient dense sandwiches at cost effective prices.